Fall brings with it the return of classes and the regular routine. For some, it’s a return to familiar surroundings; for others, it’s the start of a new career or a new school.
This September, I am thinking in particular of the new college and university students who are embarking on the road toward their chosen professions. There is always lots of excitement during freshman year!
Every year in June, I offer a modest bursary to high school students throughout Saint Boniface – Saint Vital. Presented during convocation ceremonies, the Dan Vandal Youth Initiative Award aims to recognize students have endeavoured, on a volunteer basis, to make a positive difference in their school and/or their community.
Congratulations to this year’s recipients!
- Esther Rebekah Aldana – Glenlawn Collegiate
- Derek Berthelette – Louis Riel Arts & Technology Centre
- Mudra Dave – Windsor Park Collegiate
- Skyla Dudek – Dakota Collegiate
- Mackenzie Germscheid – Nelson McIntyre Collegiate
- Taylor Kepp – Springs Christian Academy
- Montana Ledoux – J.H. Bruns Collegiate
- Samuelle Lemoine – Collège Louis-Riel
- Micah Lizotte – Collège Jeanne-Sauvé
- Marc Serafin Madayag – St. Boniface Diocesan High School
- Sophie Menet-Espina – Centre scolaire Léo-Rémillard
- Sydney Puhach – Collège Béliveau
Thank you for your many contributions to help make our communities better and best of luck in your chosen field of study!
The House of Commons resumed sitting last Monday which means that I’ll spend most of my weeks in Ottawa. It is important for me to stay in contact with constituents. One way to do that is through the Constituency Youth Council, which advises me on the issues that are important in the riding. I’ll be launching the call out shortly for new council members on my website and through social media so stay tuned!